Specialized care and support!
Minnehaha Senior Living, as part of Tealwood Senior Living, is committed to our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve. We are devoted to providing the highest quality care possible and have developed evidence-based practices and quality assurance programs that keep the focus on the care and well-bring of our residents. It is the programs and services for our residents along with the training and development of our team members that set Tealwood apart from other senior living communities.
Our Programs & Services
- Inspire Wellness For Life
- Enriching Connections
- Medication Management
- Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Visiting Physicians
Our Comprehensive Wellness Program
We believe addressing the whole person is the key to Quality of Life. Therefore, the following 7 dimensions of wellness are our important guiding principles:
- Physical: Choosing to live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Spiritual: Living with meaning and purpose
- Social: Having daily interactions with others
- Emotional: Being aware of and accepting feelings
- Intellectual: Engaging in creative pursuits
- Vocational: Expressing yourself through talents and passion
- Environmental: Respecting and caring for our surroundings
We Strive to Improve the Resident Quality of Life
- Our community life is enriched through an array of well-rounded and multi-dimensional programming
- Programs are driven by person-centered preferences
- Our programs are developed through evidenced based research
Our Primary Focus
- Improve cognition
- Decrease pain
- Reduce falls
- Reduce symptoms of depression
Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve.
Unwavering commitment to you!
Enriching Connections is our dementia specific program which focuses on providing our staff and caregivers with the specialized training and approaches that best serve our residents. Our unwavering commitment to enrich the lives of our seniors with dementia has allowed us to be proactive in our approach to caring for those with memory loss. The Enriching Connections program provides the education necessary to focus on an individualized plan for each resident while allowing them to be as independent as possible.
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to preserving our culture of person-centered care.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified in dementia care through the Alzheimer’s Association and also complete additional dementia training.
- Services: Families, with the aid of our nursing staff, can focus plans of care that promote personal preferences, dignity, and independence.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is the core program that allows us promote and maintain the best quality of life for each individual.
- Environment: We are dedicated to making continual improvements so every Tealwood community maintains their dementia friendly environment.
- Accountability: We continually monitor our processes, operational plans, and culture to sustain our high standards of quality care.
If you have questions and we can connect you to our physician services partner.
Providing the best care possible!
Our experienced team has been committed to quality improvement through innovation and alignment with our core mission. Listening and responding to the needs of our tenants and families is imperative to maintaining our commitment to quality care. One area of ongoing concern in healthcare is medication management —specifically medication errors, overuse, and thorough, quality review.
In response to this need we’ve come together with pharmacy experts utilizing an affiliate organization to meet our needs. TotalCare Pharmacy will provide extensive benefits, with pharmacy services tailored to our processes, allowing Tealwood managed and owned properties to provide you the best care possible.
We understand that the 360 approach to healthcare is crucial for the best care delivery possible. … because the journey matters.
At Tealwood Senior Living, we offer outpatient therapy and short stay rehabilitation. Short stay rehabilitation is designed for those individuals who are recovering from a traumatic experience or scheduled surgery. We provide our patients state-of-the-art rehabilitation services and offer physical, occupational, speech and a wider array of specialized therapies. With a personalized therapy program that is designed to help each individual to succeed, we can accomplish our goal to get our patients back to where they call home as soon as possible.
Outpatient therapy is a form of treatment that is offered to people who do not need to be in a skilled nursing setting on a continued basis. A number of therapies can be offered on an outpatient basis, including occupational, speech, physical, and post-surgical care. Many patients like this type of treatment because it allows them to receive necessary medical care while staying at home. It also allows the patient to live a relatively normal life, simply setting aside time to attend therapy sessions while working, spending time with family and socializing with friends.
Our therapeutic equipment works in conjunction with traditional therapy practices to ensure that people succeed when they leave our community. This state-of-the-art equipment was designed for professional athletes, but then was tweaked to meet the needs of our senior population. Very few communities have invested in this technology, and we have found it to not only help speed the recovery of our patients, but it is a great non-pharmacological, non-invasive form of pain management.
Physical therapy (PT) works to improve and promote optimal physical mobility. Often, treatment consists of exercise to improve strength, mobility training to improve transfer and walking skills and balance training to minimize fall risks. Services can also include modalities to assist with healing and pain relief such as ultrasound, hot/cold packs and electrical stimulation.
Occupational Therapy (OT) works to improve and promote optimal activities of daily living (ADLs). Often, treatment consists of exercises to improve strength, ADL training to improve dressing, feeding and hygiene skills and cognitive training to improve safety awareness. Services can also include obtaining, applying and training on positioning and adaptive equipment.
Speech Therapy (ST) works to improve and promote optimal swallowing and communication skills. Treatment consists of assessing for and making appropriate diet recommendations, exercises to increase oral motor and swallow strength and speech and communication training.
Partnerships are crucial to providing the best and most comprehensive options for our tenants. Onsite physicians can take away the stress of fighting weather and traffic to get to your appointment, if you choose. This is an approach where primary care providers, families and patients work in partnership to improve health outcomes and quality of life for individuals with chronic health conditions or disabilities. This team approach to care gives you access to all the services and support you needed.
Please let us know if you have questions and we can connect you to our physician services partner.