Specialized Care For an Enhanced Quality of Life
In the United States alone, over 16 million people deal with cognitive impairments like dementia and Alzheimer’s every day. For those facing cognitive decline, daily tasks like eating or bathing can be increasingly difficult, making living alone challenging and, at times, unsafe.
Our Memory Care program at Minnehaha is designed to give residents with cognitive impairments the chance to live fulfilling lives while providing support and stability. We offer structured routines and custom care plans that allow residents to maintain a sense of normalcy without sacrificing their health.
Making Life a Little Easier
For residents with cognitive impairments, a structured life can significantly benefit their quality of life. We’ve carefully developed a roster of activities for our Memory Care residents that allow them to engage with the community and maintain their individuality.
We work with every resident to develop a customized care plan that suits everyone’s individual needs. This plan includes getting to know our residents and their families personally so we can offer support that resonates with them. From our residents’ values to physical needs, we note all defining factors to ensure our residents are properly cared for.
At Minnehaha, we know that adapting to changing situations is vital to serving our community members best. Our services are flexible, and individual care plans can always be updated to meet and anticipate our residents’ needs.
If you’re looking for a safe place for your loved one experiencing cognitive decline, Minnehaha’s Memory Care program may be an excellent option. We recommend meeting with one of our registered nurses to determine what level of care will suit your loved one best.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Personal hygiene and toileting
- Eating assistance
- Medication assistance
- Transferring assistance
Enriching Connections is a specialized training program developed to enrich the lives of our residents with dementia. The program provides our staff with the proper resources to serve our Memory Care residents with the highest quality care.
Through Enriching Connections, every community member receives a customized care plan that focuses on their unique needs. Our primary goal is to allow our residents to maintain their independence in a safe and secure environment.
Enriching Connections is based on 7 foundational elements:
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff members are certified in dementia care through the Alzheimer’s Association and complete additional dementia training.
- Services: Families can choose care plans that promote personal preferences, dignity, and independence with the aid of our nursing staff.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is our core program that promotes and maintains the best quality of life.
- Environment: We are dedicated to making continual improvements so that every Tealwood community maintains its dementia-friendly environment.
- Accountability: We continually monitor our processes, operational plans, and culture to sustain our high-quality care standards.
Commitment: Our organizational leaders are actively involved and committed to preserving our culture of person-centered care.
- Living alone is becoming unsafe due to cognitive impairments.
- Your loved one’s health is at risk.
- Your loved one’s needs surpass your abilities to care for them.
- Your loved one is neglecting relationships or responsibilities.
- You feel our Memory Care program would benefit your loved one.
What Memory Care Includes
Our Memory Care residents will receive the following services:
- Assistance going to and from meals, events, and appointments
- Regularly scheduled care conferences
- High-quality meal program
- Assitance visiting a physician
- And more
A Compassionate Community Designed for You
Minnehaha offers a comfortable, inviting atmosphere for residents with cognitive impairments. We provide a place for our community members to live their lives however they choose without sacrificing their health or safety.
Some of the features and amenities that members of our community enjoy are:
- Big, airy walkways
- Activity centers and recreational programs
- Secured outdoor spaces
- Grand bath with whirlpool spa
- Private suite
- Bathroom with shower
- Utilities included, except phone
- Regular and frequent health monitoring from highly-trained staff
Why Choose Minnehaha?
Allowing our residents to socialize and build lasting relationships is important to us. We offer a robust calendar of dynamic programming that is continuously updated to include everything you might want.
We understand that each resident is unique in their needs, wants, and values. So, we offer flexible lifestyle options that allow you to find your perfect balance of support and independence without ever sacrificing excitement.
Allowing our residents to socialize and build lasting relationships is important to us. We offer a robust calendar of dynamic programming that is continuously updated to include everything you might want.Learn More
We understand that each resident is unique in their needs, wants, and values. So, we offer flexible lifestyle options that allow you to find your perfect balance of support and independence without ever sacrificing excitement.Learn More
Our staff are highly trained and fully certified to give every resident the compassionate care they deserve. We aim to help you live a comfortable, happy lifestyle focusing on your overall health and wellness.Learn More
Discover What Minnehaha Has to Offer
Visit Our Community
We can’t wait to show you what makes our beautiful community so great. Find us on the corner of 23rd Avenue South and East 38th Street, across the street from Sisters’ Sludge Coffee Cafe & Wine Bar.
Our Address3733 23rd Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407